This page is updated regularly. Latest update: June 25, 2021, 2:00 pm EST
The resources here are designed to ensure that disability provider organizations are up-to-date on the latest actions ANCOR is taking to help providers manage through the COVID-19 crisis, as well as what resources are being made available through various federal actions in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Federal COVID-19 Policy: What ANCOR is Doing
- As of April 30, ANCOR had mobilized more than 35,000 advocates to take action to urge various lawmakers to support key disability provisions in coronavirus relief legislation. To find opportunities to take action, visit the ANCOR Amplifier.
- On March 13, ANCOR signed onto a letter from the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities to the House Education & Labor Committee urging the prioritization of the needs of people with disabilities when crafting COVID-19 relief packages.
- On March 16, ANCOR sent a letter to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) urging it to offer clarifying guidance and flexibility in several areas related to disability support.
- On March 25, ANCOR signed onto a letter to the Federal Emergency Management Agency urging it to prioritize providers of home- and community-based disability services when appropriating Personal Protective Equipment.
- On March 26, ANCOR sent a letter to the U.S. Department of Labor urging it to include Direct Support Professionals in provisions for emergency paid sick and family leave.
- On March 30, ANCOR sent a letter to CMS' Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services seeking guidance on individual assets exceeding th $2000 cap during the COVID-19 crisis.
- On March 31, ANCOR sent a letter to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services urging it to allocate $8.3 billion of the $100 billion appropriated for health care services in the CARES Act to Medicaid-funded providers of disability services.
- On April 10, ANCOR sent a letter to Sec. Azar at the Depat. of Health and Human Services urgning him to include IDD/Autism service providers in the distribution of funds from the CARES Act.
- On April 17, ANCOR sent an email to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Administrator Calder Lynch urging that I/DD & Autism services be included in the distribution of the $70 billion tranche of funding to be released from the CARES Act.
- ANCOR is also part of coalition efforts with the National Council for Behavioral Health to engage with Congress on relief for organizations with more than 500 employees - here is our coalition "leave behind" from April 29, 2020.
Federal Administrative & Legislative Resources
Guidance from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS):
- Actions by CMS to Respond to the National COVID-19 Emergency
- COVID-19 Partner Toolkit (March 18, 2020)
- Coverage & Benefits Related to COVID-19, Medicaid & CHIP
- Frequently Asked Questions for State Medicaid & CHIP agencies (updated April 2, 2020)
- Memo for Providers Outlining the Use of Respirators and Facemasks when N95 Respirators are Unavailable
- Guidance on the Suspension of Survey Activities (March 4, 2020)
- Guidance on FFS Payments for Services Delivered via Telehealth (March 17, 2020)
- Guidance Prioritizing Surveys (by authorizing modification of timetables and deadlines, delaying revisit surveys, and exercising enforcement discretion for three weeks; March 24, 2020)
- Guidance for States on Accessing the Emergency 6.2% FMAP Increase (March 26, 2020)
- Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention in ICF/IDD Facilities (March 30, 2020)
- Webinar Recording: March 21 COVID-19 Stakeholder Call
- Audio recording of a CMS call where physician guests on the front lines presented best practices from their COVID-19 experiences.
- Frequently Asked Questions on implementing the CARES Act (April 13, 2020)
- CMS Responds to ANCOR's March 2020 letters requesting guidance (April 15, 2020)
- Letter from Senate Finance Committee Democrats to Admin. Azar calling for equity and transparency in the distribution of PHSSEF funding (April 15, 2020)
- CMS Issues Blanket Waivers for Healthcare Providers, Including ICF/IDD (April 21, 2020)
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for State Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Agencies, (January 06,2021)
Guidance from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS):
Guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor
Guidance from the Small Business Administration:
Guidance from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce:
Additional Federal Guidance:
- State and Federal Resources from the National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services (NASDDDS)
- Employment-Specific Provisions of the CARES Act (McDermott Will & Emery; March 26, 2020)
- COVID Relief for Small Business (McDermott Will & Emery; March 30, 2020)
- Coronavirus Stimulus Payments: Recovery Rebates (The Arc of the United States; March 30, 2020)
- DLA Piper Webinar on CARES Act for Non-Profits (April 1, 2020)
- CARES Act Unemployment Insurance FAQs (Office of Senator Chuck Grassley, R-IA)
- ADvancing States, NASDDS, NAMD letter to Congress requesting EVV Delay (April 06, 2020)
- The Arc Recovery Rebates Fact Sheet (April 10, 2020)
- Overview of CARES Act Grant, Loan and Tax Provisions - ANCOR (April 10, 2020)
- Press Release - Sen. Wyden and others call for Transparent, Equitable distribution of $70B from the CARES Act (April 16, 2020)
- The Arc - Fact Sheet on Unemployment Insurance and People with Disabilities (April 16, 2020)
- LTSS Workforce Coalition letter to Pres. Trump on the need to support DSPs and other healthcare workers (April 17, 2020)
- National Governors' Association letter to Congressional Leaders requesting aid to states in COVID-19 Relief Package 4 (April 21, 2020)
- AADMD statement on Visitation of Designated Support Staff During the COVID-19 Pandemic (April 2020)
- AADMD statement on the Allocation of Ventilators to people with I/DD during the COVID-19 Crisis (April 21, 2020)
- National Council on Disability Letter to Congressional Leadership Urging HCBS Inclusion in next COVID-19 Package (April 24, 2020)
- MACPAC letter to HHS urging CARES Act funding be made available to Medicaid-only providers (April 30, 2020)
- Letter to Sec. Mnuchin from Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship (June 3, 2020)
- Letter to HHS Sec. Azar from Chair and Ranking Member of Senate Finance & House Energy & Commerce calling for funds for Medicaid Providers (June 3, 2020)
- Letter to Senate Leadership in support of States (June 29, 2020)
- Center for Pubic Representation - Resources and Links on State Vaccine Allocation Plans (November 18, 2021)
- Second Stimulus Payment Fact Sheet, The Arc (January 15, 2021)
- Second Stimulus Payment Fact Sheet - Spanish Version, The Arc (January 15,2021)
Know of a resource that should be featured here? Have questions about ANCOR’s response to COVID-19? Please send an email to Donna Martin, ANCOR's Director of State Partnerships & Special Projects.