The ANCOR Foundation is seeking candidates to fill open Board of Director positions.
This is an exciting time to join the ANCOR Foundation! In 2017, we launched a multi-year public awareness campaign, called Included. Supported. Empowered., and a Leadership Academy to develop the next generation of leaders in our field, which is now hosting its second class. As an ANCOR Foundation Board Member, you will have a direct role in shaping and executing what happens next.
We are seeking high-energy volunteers to devote their time, expertise and relationships to ensure the success of current and future Foundation initiatives to recognize current and past leaders and to develop future leaders through dynamic education and innovative practices to strengthen inclusive communities for people with disabilities.
The Foundation is soliciting statements of interest from ANCOR members through November 20, 2020. The ANCOR Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion. The Board composition reflects the needs of leadership over a cross-section of geographic, demographic, talent and expertise attributes, thus the Foundation is seeking candidates who have expertise in:
- Public Relations / Strategic Communications / Marketing / Social Media
- Workforce / Leadership Development
- Board Governance
What’s the Lift?
ANCOR Foundation Board of Directors serve 3-year terms that begin on January 1st. You can serve up to three consecutive terms. The ANCOR Foundation Board typically meets three times per year in-person and three times per year virtually.
- Due to COVID-19, the Foundation will not meet in person in January 2021, and Board members will have the option of joining any in-person meeting in 2021 virtually.
- ANCOR Foundation Board of Directors must cover their own travel expenses associated with attending any in-person meetings (held in conjunction with ANCOR conference/summits).
Newly appointed Foundation Board Members will be expected to attend the Foundation's virtual retreat on January 11, 2020.
To support the Foundation initiatives, the ANCOR Foundation committees are the Executive Committee, Fund Development Committee, the Leadership Development Committee, and the Leadership Recognition/Awards Committee.
Foundation Board Member responsibilities include:
- Active participation in one or more committees
- Annual monetary contribution to the ANCOR Foundation
- Securing thoughtful contributions to support ANCOR Foundation and its mission.
If you are interested in submitting a nomination for the ANCOR Foundation Board of Directors, please email a letter on your agency's letterhead to Gabrielle Sedor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 20, 2020.
Your letter of interest (not to exceed 2 pages and on your agency letterhead) should include the following:
- A brief bio (NOT a separate resume or CV) and background information on the agency you represent.
- Your history with ANCOR, including service on any ANCOR committee(s), task force(s), Board(s) and other service to or partnership with ANCOR.
- Why you are interested in serving on the ANCOR Foundation Board of Directors.
- What you can contribute toward upholding and advancing ANCOR Foundation's mission and goals.