The ANCOR Foundation launched the Leadership Academy on May 1, 2017 to recognize and support emerging leaders who are building their careers in services and supports for people with disabilities.
The objectives of the program are to support mid-career professionals to build their areas of expertise and thought-leadership to enhance influence and reputation in the national I/DD community as the next generation of leaders.
Learn more about the program requirements and application process here.
Spotlight on Our Participants
A spotlight on cohort 1 (2017 - 2019) program participants.
Cohort 1 (2017 - 2019) Training Schedule
The ANCOR Foundation is grateful to these I/DD leaders and subject matter experts for hosting the following trainings for the inaugural Leadership Academy.
- Bob Gettings, former Executive Director for NASDDDS and author of Forging a Federal-State Partnership presented on History of Developmental Disabilities Policy (November 2017)
- Kim Opsahl, Associate Director, Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services, Indiana Family and Social Services Administration and former Director of State Partnerships and Special Projects, ANCOR presented on Medicaid 101: Navigating the Medicaid Maze (January 2018)
- Chris Lyons, Executive Director, AIM Services, Inc. presented on Dignity of Risk: Balancing Person-Centered Principles with Regulatory Compliance (March 2018)
- Don Tebbe, Consultant on NonProfit Leadership Succession presented on Moving In, Moving Up and Moving On: Learning to Lead at Every Career Turn (April 2018)
- Lynne Megan, President and CEO, TSE, Inc. and Doris Parfaite-Claude, Federal Advocacy and Research Manager, ANCOR co-presented on Grassroots Advocacy 101 (July 2018)
- Dara Gary, Controller, East End Disability Associates, Inc. presented on Finance Management for the Non-Financial Manager (September 2018)
- Chris Altizer, Partner, Altizer Performance Partners presented on Performance Management: That Thing We Love to Hate (November 2018)
- Sean Luechtefeld, Director of Communications, ANCOR, and Adjunct Faculty, MA in Communication, Johns Hopkins University presented on Communications Strategy Framework (January 2019)
- Dr. Tom Pomeranz, Owner, Universal LifeStiles LLC presented on Effective Leadership: Managing Critical Moments (March 2019)
- Charlie Dorison, Researcher, Harvard Kennedy School of Government presented on Leadership Decision-Making (May 2019)
- Steve Hendricks, former Business Development Director, Scioto Properties presented on Art of Servant Leadership (July 2019)
ANCOR Foundation is accepting applications for its next Leadership Academy cohort. Learn more about program requirements and the application process here.
Applications are due December 15, 2019 (11:59pm, Eastern).