The ANCOR Foundation is now accepting nominations to join its Board of Directors!
This is an exciting time to join the ANCOR Foundation. We continue to stay focused on working toward equity. Thus, a key priority for the Foundation has been supporting ANCOR’s diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) priority to ensure that more people from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented/marginalized populations are recognized as leaders and represented in leadership positions in our field and our association. So far, we have engaged in this work by growing our Leadership Academy. Next year will be the first time two cohorts will be running concurrently, thus expanding the reach of this results-proven professional development opportunity.
The Foundation is soliciting statements of interest from ANCOR members interested in joining the Foundation Board through August 24, 2023. The Board composition reflects the needs of leadership over a cross-section of geographic, demographic, talent and expertise attributes. Thus, the Foundation is seeking candidates who have expertise in the following areas:
- Public Relations / Strategic Communications
- Marketing / Social Media
- Workforce / Leadership Development
What’s the Lift?
- Individuals on the ANCOR Foundation Board of Directors serve a three-year term that begins on January 1 and can serve up to three consecutive terms.
- The ANCOR Foundation Board typically meets three times per year in-person and three times per year virtually.
- ANCOR Foundation Board of Directors must cover their own travel expenses associated with attending any in-person meetings (held in conjunction with ANCOR conferences/summits).
- Newly appointed Foundation Board Members will be expected to attend the Foundation’s retreat in Washington, DC on October 8, 2023.
- To support the Foundation’s initiatives, the ANCOR Foundation’s Committees are: the Executive Committee, Fund Development Committee, the Mentoring/Leadership Development Committee, and the Leadership Recognition/Awards Committee.
- Foundation Board Member responsibilities include:
- Actively participating in one or more committee.
- Making an annual monetary contribution to the ANCOR Foundation.
- Securing thoughtful contributions to support the ANCOR Foundation and its mission.
Interested in Applying?
If you are interested in submitting a nomination for the ANCOR Foundation Board of Directors, please email a letter of interest to Gabrielle Sedor by August 24, 2023.
Your letter of interest (not to exceed two pages and on your agency’s letterhead) should include the following:
- A brief bio (NOT a separate resume or CV) and background information on the agency you represent.
- Your history with ANCOR, including service on any ANCOR committee(s), task force(s), Board(s) and other service to or partnership with ANCOR.
- Why you are interested in serving on the ANCOR Foundation Board of Directors.
- What you can contribute toward upholding and advancing the ANCOR Foundation’s mission and goals.