Community Builder Award Nomination
Community Builder Award Nomination Process
The ANCOR Foundation’s Community Builder Award recognizes exemplary initiatives of community members (individuals or groups) that provide opportunity and demonstrate meaningful inclusion of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities as valued members of their communities. I/DD service providers are not eligible for this award.
One award will be given per year. The recipient will be recognized at the ANCOR Annual Conference.
Winners of the Community Builder Award have developed initiatives that are rooted in evidence-based practices, have stood the test of time, and have demonstrated sustained leadership in three key areas:
- Best Practices: Priority is given to nominees that offer an approach to community inclusivity that has the potential to serve as a model for others around the nation.
- Community Focus: Priority is given to nominees that provide invisible support for their efforts (i.e., the community was considered front and center in fostering inclusivity).
- Partnerships: Priority is given to nominees that partner with employers, educational institutions, volunteers, or other organizations to deepen the community’s understanding that a vital, interconnected, inclusive community benefits everyone—not only people with disabilities.
Decisions and Notifications
- Nominations are due by Tuesday, January 24, 2023.
- A selection committee will review all the submissions.
- Finalists are expected to participate in an interview (virtual or onsite) with members of the selection committee. Additionally, a site visit may be conducted by an ANCOR Foundation Board Member to assure the quality and integrity of the award is maintained.
- Final decisions will be sent in writing to the main contact for each submission no later than February 11, 2023
- The ANCOR Foundation will offer one roundtrip airfare and one-night hotel accommodation to travel to the ANCOR Annual Conference for the awards ceremony.
Questions? Email Gabrielle Sedor, ANCOR Foundation Director.
Please complete the form below to submit your nomination for a 2023 Community Builder Award. Submissions are due by Tuesday, January 24, 2023.